The time has come, the premier league season is here.
- Last time, you made a team and forgot about it
- You found it hard to keep updating your team, losing out on points in the bargain, and eventually losing interest
- You don’t know where or how to start (so you say you aren’t into it)
- You don’t want to embarrass yourself amongst your peers with your lack of fantasy league experience & knowledge
- Not as fun as playing Fifa 14 on your gaming console
It actually turned out to be quite good fun!
Here are 5 tips for football fantasy league newbies.
- Pick 4 top class players, one in each position — GK, defender, midfielder, and striker. If you manage your money well you could get more top players in there.
You can use WhoScored to see which player would be best, with their well rounded player assessment.
- With all of your picks, make sure you pick players who will play the maximum number of games in a season, like a Yaya Toure or a Per Mertesacker.
As it is with most things, playing a game with friends is fun. Trust me it is much better than trying to play a season in the regular league that has 100000+ people. Not the best thing to do for your confidence.
Forgetting to update your team is a common miss when you play through a whole season. Take advantage of your enthusiastic friends who will already have a WhatsApp group where they chat about their team selection or performance.
Hints and tips are great, so when you find a source of constant updates make the most of it. There are many twitter handles that are dedicated to the fantasy premier league, tips, injury updates, and squad details.
Here are a few to follow.
You may not be on Twitter or you may want a little more information in one place that is longer than 140 characters. So here are three blogs you could check out for your weekly dose of fantasy premier league details.
I started playing my first season not caring about embarrassing myself amongst my friends (because I have done that enough). Don’t take this league seriously. Don’t worry if you miss out on changing your team for one weekend. You can make up for that miss if you are smart about your squad changes.